April 1st starts our 8 week #MurphChallenge training program.
For the next few weeks we will structure our weekly Bro Sessions to be Murph Challenge training focused. We will then supplement your weekly programming with some training ideas meant to enhance your performance on Memorial Day Murph.
By taking this challenge, all those participating join a unique group of Americans in paying tribute to Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael P. Murphy, and donating to a prestigious scholarship foundation founded by the Murphy family.
Registration opens 4/1/19. Check out @MurphChallenge for more details.
Thanks for participating and supporting this great cause!
Monday April 1, 2019
- Run 1 Mile for time — this will give you a baseline to start your training, this is a time trial
- Scale this up by wearing a weight vest 20#/24#
Wednesday April 3, 2019
- Cindy — AMRAP x 20 minutes of 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups, 15 Air Squats
- Scale this up by adding a weight vest
- Scale this down by shortening it to an AMRAP x 10 minutes, performing Ring Rows instead of Pull-ups and doing Push-ups from your knees
- This is about finding a pacing strategy — don’t go crazy here we are just getting started
Friday April 5, 2019
- Run 800m x 4 — rest 1:1 between efforts
- Scale this up by wearing your weight vest
- This is about consistency in pace — each effort should fall within 5 seconds of each other
Saturday April 6, 2019 — Bro Session
- Scale up by wearing your weight vest
- Scale down by doing Half Murph
- This is your test run to see where we are going into the training
WOD DATE AND TIME: This Bro Session can be done during Open Gym (noon to 2pm) on Saturday 4/6.