Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups almond flour;
1/4 cup butter, or clarified butter, melted;
1 tsp salt;
Pie Filling Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef;
1 tbsp Paleo cooking fat;
1/2 onion, chopped;
1/2 cup homemade barbecue sauce;
1 cup lettuce, chopped;
1 red bell pepper, sliced;
1 avocado, chopped;
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Pie Crust Preparation:
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, butter, and salt. Blend until a doughy texture takes shape.
2. Transfer the dough into a 9-inch pie dish and press it out evenly into the dish so that the complete surface is covered.
Pie Filling Preparation:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. In a large skillet over a medium-high heat, melt the cooking fat and sauté the onions in the cooking fat until they become slightly translucent.
3. Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until the beef has cooked through.
4. Mix the barbecue sauce in with the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 2 more minutes and then remove from the heat.
5.Pour the beef into the pie crust and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Prior to serving, cover the surface of the pie with chopped lettuce, red bell pepper, and avocado.